Welcome and thank you for your application to participate in the Flexible Packaging Association.
Membership in FPA is open to manufacturers of flexible packaging (converter members) and manufacturers of material, equipment or supplies related to the flexible packaging industry (associate members).
In order to receive all the benefits and services available to FPA members, all sections of this application must be completed. The information will be used to profile your company in FPA’s Membership Directory and Flexible Packaging Buyers Guide.
Please click here to preview the Application
All text marked in 'Red' are required fields.
FPA Converter, Converter/Associate, Associate and International Converter Dues
Sales in the U.S. of all flexible packaging including converted flexible packaging, plus all materials and equipment sold into the U.S. flexible market and/or industry should be calculated using the following formula:
- All qualifying U.S. flexible packaging sales under $10 million, minimum annual dues are $4,000.
- All qualifying U.S. flexible packaging sales between $10 million and $114 million, annual dues are $0.40 per $1,000 of annual sales (sales volume x $.00040). Example: A company with annual sales of $45,678,000 would multiply $45,678,000 x $.00040 and pay dues of $18,271.20.
- All qualifying U.S. flexible packaging sales over $114 million, maximum dues cap of $55,000.
As an incentive, the Board of Directors has approved a dues program that would enable first time converter members to phase into the full dues over time. The first year dues would be one-third the normal dues rate, the second year dues would be two-thirds the normal dues rate. The third year of membership would be at full dues.
Members who acquire other members within a fiscal year will be responsible for the outstanding dues of both companies.
Other FPA Membership Category Dues:
- Trade Press dues are set at a flat rate of $2,000 per year.
Tax Deductions for Lobbying Activities:
Contributions or gifts to the Flexible Packaging Association are not tax deductible as charitable contributions for Federal income tax purposes. However, they may be tax deductible under other provisions of the Internal Revenue Code. For tax year 2018, we estimate 8% of dues are related to the organization’s lobbying activities. Please consult your tax adviser.
Please select your company's membership category based on the descriptions below.
Description of Member Categories
- Converter: Converter Membership shall be open to any firm, corporation, or division thereof, engaged in the manufacture and sale within the U.S. of converted forms of paper, film, flexible plastics or foils, or combinations thereof, for sale to the users or distributors of such materials for packaging purposes.
- Associate: Associate Membership shall be open to any firm or corporation, or division thereof, engaged in the manufacture within or outside the U.S. and having sales in the U.S. of materials, equipment, or supplies related to the flexible packaging industry.
- Converter/Associate: Converter/Associate Membership shall be open to any firm, corporation, or division thereof that is eligible for both converter and associate categories.
- International Converter: International Converter Membership shall be open to any firm, corporation, or division thereof, having sales in the U.S. and engaged in manufacture exclusively outside the U.S. of converted forms of paper, film, flexible plastics or foils, or combinations thereof.
- Trade Press is any person, firm, corporation, or division thereof, engaged in the publication of recognized trade magazines related to the flexible packaging industry.
- Academic is any university or college with packaging curriculums or departments with activities related to packaging sciences.
(100 words or less)