APPLICATION DEADLINE: FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 13, 2015
To apply for the 2015 Flexible Packaging Association Academic Scholarship and Summer Internship Program:
- Review the list of potential internships available with FPA converter members for summer 2015 (to be determined)
- Complete the 2015 program application. Application deadline is Friday, February 13, 2015.
- Provide at least one letter of recommendation (academic or professional)
- Submit a short essay (500 words or less) on the following:
- How you expect to apply what you have learned in your course work to an internship with a flexible packaging converter.
You may submit the letter of recommendation and essay by one of the following methods:
Sending materials by email to: email@example.com
- Sending materials by mail to:
Flexible Packaging Association
Attn: Debbie Lillard
185 Admiral Cochrane Drive
Annapolis, MD 21401
Qualifying candidates must meet the following program criteria:
- Enrollment in a packaging or printing related AA, BA, BS or MS degree program
- Hold a 2.7 or greater grade point average
- Have a minimum of 24 credit hours with a minimum of 9 credits in packaging, printing or other areas of concentration utilized in the converting industry
Applications received will be forwarded to converter members for review. Upon review, students may be contacted by converters for an interview. FPA expects to have students placed and internships filled by April 30, 2015.
Internships will take place during 2015. The duration of the internships will vary depending on the needs of the flexible packaging converter and students. Students may receive competitive compensation from the flexible packaging manufacturer for their internship as well as a $3,000 scholarship from the Flexible Packaging Association. Because pay scales are a competitive issue, and a discussion between competitors could violate anti-trust rules, FPA cannot publish specific pay rate information.
FPA, in conjunction with FPA members participating in the 2015 Program, will award four (4) scholarships, valued at $3,000 each.
Students must be accepted as an intern with one of the companies prior to being eligible for a scholarship. Students must satisfactorily complete their internship with the FPA member company before receiving their scholarship. If there are more qualified applicants than available scholarships, the recipients will be determined by lottery. That determination will be made prior to the beginning of the internship.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
Established in 2005, the FPA Flexible Packaging Academic Scholarship & Summer Internship Program provides career development opportunities for packaging and printing school students, and encourages them to pursue careers in the flexible packaging industry (or other areas of concentration utilized in the converting industry).
The program combines summer internships at FPA converter member companies with FPA academic scholarships. Internships are available in a variety of disciplines and locations.
ABOUT THE FLEXIBLE PACKAGING ASSOCIATION:
The Flexible Packaging Association is the national association of the manufacturers of flexible packaging and the suppliers to the flexible packaging industry. A flexible package is any package, or package component, that can easily change shape when filled. Flexible packaging is used to package retail and institutional food and non-food, and in medical, pharmaceuticals, and industrial applications.