Material Composition Requests
Many FPA members are experiencing an increase in the number of requests from the supply chain or other stakeholders for material/component disclosure. Therefore, FPA has produced the FPA Assessment of Product and Packaging Material Composition Disclosure Trends overview which was developed by the FPA Material Composition Transparency Task Group and FPA consultant, Tony Kingsbury of TKingsbury LLC. The goal of the Assessment is to provide FPA members with insights into the growing trend of requests for information on product and packaging materials composition.
In response to this growing trend, FPA also conducted a survey of members to determine how requests are being made and how members are handling them. According to survey results, every member that participated in the survey has received requests for disclosure of material composition, most receive between 11 and 50 requests a year. Additionally, every member provides some level of information; and 87% of members agree that the requests are growing in frequency.
- Packaging Transparency Trends Panel Discussion (members only)
A panel discussion on packaging transparency trends from the FPA 2016 Annual Meeting. The panelists for the discussion were:
- Tony Kingsbury, Founder and President, TKingsbury LLC, Moderator
- Bill Griesser, Founder, Chemical Converting Consultants, LLC
- Ron Sasine, Former Sr. Director of Packaging, Walmart Stores; currently Principal, Hudson Windsor
- David Strauss, Director, Head of Packaging, Technical & Production, Nestlé USA
- Transparency: What Your Supply Chain will be Asking to Know About Your Flexible Packages Presentation
A presentation by Tony Kingsbury, Founder and President, TKingsbury LLC from the FPA 2015 Annual Meeting.