The Flexible Packaging Association is the U.S. association of the manufacturers of flexible packaging; and, material or equipment suppliers to the industry. Flexible packaging is produced from paper, plastic, film, aluminum foil, or any combination of those materials, and includes bags, pouches, labels, liners, wraps, rollstock, and other flexible products.
Established in 1951, The Flexible Packaging Association has seen the industry grow from $400 Million in the early 1950s to $27 Billion today. Members include small, medium and large converters and suppliers representing seventy percent of the “value added” Flexible Packaging industry. FPA is the leading advocate and voice for the U.S. flexible packaging industry. FPA provides valuable benefits, programs, and services that support the success, growth, and advancement of the competitive business climate of our members.
Through a broad range of member programs and benefits, FPA focuses on Connecting, Advancing, and Leading the industry through research, promotion, protection, and networking:
- Providing accurate, reliable, and authoritative research and benchmarking data;
- Protecting the flexible packaging industry from adverse legislation and regulation;
- Proactively delivering in-depth studies on key industry initiatives;
- Delivering fact-based, business-building reliable information and educational forums;
- Promoting and advancing industry innovation; and
- Producing content-rich meetings for member interaction.