Flexible Packaging Transition Advantages - Brand Owner Study
Brand Owners Choose Flexible Packaging
Flexible Packaging Transition Advantages Study
The FPA commissioned a Flexible Packaging Transition Advantages Study to better quantify the impact of switching from non-flexible packaging to flexible packaging. The study integrates insights from brand owners surveyed online in September 2016 by Packaging World magazine.
Projected continued growth in flexible packaging
The Packaging World study is marked by a trend of continued growth in flexible packaging. The study shows that among brand owners,
- 83% of respondents are already using some form of flexible packaging;
- 31% expect to transition to a higher mix of flexible packaging in the next five years;
- 58% who already transitioned to a higher mix intend to use even more flexible packaging in the future.
Operational Benefits and Increased Customer Satisfaction After Switching
Brand owners who transitioned to more flexible packaging cited operational benefits and ability to meet consumer needs as reasons for the shift. The study shows that
- 49% of respondents cited production cost as a reason for the shift to flexible packaging;
- 45% cited shipping/transportation efficiencies as a reason for the shift;
- 45% cited convenience as a benefit that influenced them to transition;
- 39% cited fitting consumer lifestyle trends as a benefit
Strong Business Results After Switching
Brand owners who switched to using more flexible packaging in the last five years saw strong business results. The study shows that
- 57% of respondents were able to lower production costs in some way after transitioning to use of flexible packaging;
- 55% reported a sales improvement after increasing their use of flexible packaging
Related Outreach and Communications Materials
E-Book: Operational Efficiency and Consumer Appeal
To help communicate the study's findings, FPA developed the Operational Efficiency and Consumer Appeal e-book to summarize and highlight key take-aways from the study.
Infographic: Switching to Flexible Packaging Strengthens Savings
This vibrant infographic visually illustrates the key findings from the Transition Advantages - Brand Owner Study. Use it to communicate how brands can strengthen their savings by switching to flexible packaging.