Antitrust compliance is everyone’s business.
Please read and observe this policy.
Dear FPA Member:
In order to protect your personal and company interests while attending FPA meetings, our policy of compliance with all antitrust laws is always strictly followed. Penalties for violation of antitrust laws include fines and imprisonment, so we urge you to follow these guidelines before, during, and after our meetings.
- Do not discuss prices (including price increases and pricing methods), discounts, terms of sale, the refusal to deal with another company, or profit margins with any representative of any association member company.
- Do not make announcements about your prices or those of competitors.
- Do not talk about the plans of individual companies (yours or competitors’) regarding specific geographic or product markets or regarding particular customers.
- If in doubt about the propriety of any subject or activity, consult FPA staff or counsel.
- For each meeting, an agenda and minutes are prepared, both of which are reviewed by counsel before they are distributed. Counsel also attends FPA meetings to ensure that the association antitrust policy is observed at all times.
Please click here to download the full FPA Antitrust Compliance Policy and Guidelines.
What information do we collect?
Information You Provide – We and our service providers collect any information that you provide when you use the Website, including when you sign up for newsletter, create an account, purchase a product, access publications, research, and other benefits of membership, renew membership, register for events, or otherwise contact us with a question, comment, or request.
The information that you provide us can include, but is not limited to (a) your name, title, contact information, company name, username, password, and other registration information; (b) transaction-related information, such as when you purchase or sign up for information; and (c) information you provide us when you contact us.
Information Automatically Collected From You – We and our service providers may automatically collect certain technical information from your computer or mobile device over time and across different websites when you use the Website, such as your Internet Protocol address, your general geographic location, your browser type, your operating system, the pages you view on the Website, the pages you view immediately before and after you access the Website, and the search terms you enter on the Website. This information allows us to recognize you and personalize your experience if you return to the Website, and to improve the Website and the services we provide. We and our service providers may collect this information using “cookies,” which are small text files that the Website saves on your computer using your web browser and accesses when you return, or similar technologies.
How do we use this information?
We may use the information we collect for a number of purposes, including, but not limited to:
- communicating with you generally, including about information you request;
- providing you with emails or newsletters that may be of interest;
- providing you with other services, or information you request;
- providing you with information about the Website or required notices;
- allowing us to improve the Website and the services we provide, such as by better tailoring our content to our users’ needs and preferences;
- generating and analyzing statistics about your use of the Website; and
Under what circumstances do we disclose this information?
We may disclose the information we collect from you through the Website:
- in any membership directories we make available or publish;
- to our member companies, for example, if you make an inquiry best answered by a member company;
- to third parties that provide services to us in connection with our business operations and that have agreed to keep the information confidential, including, but not limited to, third parties that provide order and payment processing services; and third parties that provide website usage analytics;
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, or to comply with government reporting obligations;
- to service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a corporate transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our assets.
In addition, we may share de-identified reports on user demographics and traffic patterns, as well as de-identified information, with third parties.
The Website also may contain third-party links. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the collection and use of your information by such third parties that are not under our control. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of each website you visit.
Where is this information processed?
Information collected through the Website will be processed in and subject to the laws of the United States, which, if you are not located in the United States, may not provide the same level of protection for your personal information as your home country, and may be available to the United States government or its agencies under a lawful order made in the United States.
How is your information secured?
We have administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to safeguard the information collected by the Website. However, no information system can be 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to the Website over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
Download and review our Bylaws.